Ministry of Transportation, November 14, 2013 – Ontario Government Committed to Keeping Roads Safe: As winter weather arrives across the province, Ontario is reminding drivers to be prepared for challenging driving conditions.
Follow these simple and important road safety tips to help keep roads safe this winter:
- Be in the know. Check your local weather forecast and road conditions before you go. If the weather is bad, consider postponing or cancelling your trip until it improves.
- Be prepared. Plan your route ahead of time. Make sure you have a winter survival kit in your vehicle. Get your vehicle winter ready and clear all ice and snow from your vehicle and windshield.
- Be safe. Slow down and stay in control. Use snow tires and adjust your driving to current road and weather conditions. Keep a safe distance from other vehicles.
Each year, about 70,000 collisions occur in the winter months — roughly 30 per cent more than in the summer.
- Ontario’s roads are among the safest in North America.
- More than 1,000 snowplows and salt/sand spreaders are used to fight winter storms on provincial highways.
- The province is deploying 50 additional combination snowplow/spreader units and 5 tow plows this winter — 42 of them in Northern Ontario.
- Road salt helps clear the highway of ice and snow until temperatures drop below -12 degrees Celsius. In colder temperatures, sand is used to provide traction.
- Ontario has 16,900 km of highway and 2,756 bridges that must be maintained during the winter.
Please remember that CP Paralegal Services provides with paralegal services in Toronto, Aurora, Barrie, Brampton, Burlington, Caledon, Collingwood, Maple, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, Oakville, Orillia, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, St. Catharines, Thornhill, and Vaughan.
PARALEGAL SERVICES: traffic tickets, speeding tickets, careless driving, driving without insurance, small claims court matters, landlord and tenant issues, immigration, complaints and more.
NEW!!! We can fill up any official forms and write any official letters for you!
If you have any questions please contact CP Paralegal Services: