LANDLORD AND TENANT
- Landlord Rights: Detail description of the landlord’s rights
- Landlord Duties: Detail description of the landlord’s duties
- Vital Services: What are the vital services and landlord’s duties regarding for providing with them
- Maintenance Standards: Ontario maintenance standards and landlord’s and tenant’s responsibilities and rights according to the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006.
- Tenant Rights: Detail description of the tenant’s rights
- Tenant Duties: Detail description of the tenant’s duties
- Rental Rules: Detail description of the rental rules – what landlord and tenant should and should not do
- Landlord and Tenant Board: The Landlord and Tenant Board resolves disputes between tenants and small landlords under the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Termination of Tenancy: Description of rules for how a landlord or tenant can end a residential tenancy
- Eviction of Tenant: Situations where a landlord can evict a tenant and all legal proceedings
- Enforcement of Orders: The proceedings of how the orders issued by the Landlord and Tenant Board can be enforced
If you are a tenant you can get free legal assistance from the Landlord and Tenant Board at the hearing.
If you are a landlord you should remember, that at the Landlord and Tenant board you will not be provided with any legal advice. If you think that your rights have been violated, do not wait. Act fast! Do you know that you have to wait minimum 14 days after serving a notice of termination to your tenant prior to filing the application to terminate the tenancy? It can take up to 4 months from the time notice is served, until the Sheriff shows up to enforce the eviction. Often, it is not about money. In most cases, a landlord is happy enough to get the tenant out of their property. Contact CP Paralegal Services as soon as rent is late, and we will prepare the proper notice for you and fight for your rights.
CP Paralegal Services handles all tenancy matters, whether you are a landlord or a tenant. We can give you an advice on all residential tenancy matters or represent you at the Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board.
We are licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada and can ensure you are in compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act.