Traffic Ticket, Small Claims Court, Landlord and Tenant Board, Automobile or Workplace Accidents are phrases that can disturb our normal routine. There are different legal situations that anybody has to deal with at any given moment. How often have you been in the position that you did not know what to do next? When dealing with legal issues, most of us are not ready to spend time and energy finding out which way is the best to solve a determined issue.
At CP Paralegal Services, we believe that you deserve clear and complete information in order to help you assess the implications of any particular matter. By clearly explaining the options available to solve the case and describing different legal proceedings in detail, we would like to give you a choice: to fight your problem by yourself or ask for assistance from us.
In our website you will find comprehensive information about the following:
- Traffic Tickets Overview: General information about Ontario graduated licensing system for drivers; current Ontario legislation for different types of vehicles (cars, trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATV, and bicycles); organized traffic; the Highway Traffic Act; traffic laws violation (offence) – traffic tickets; driver/vehicle related convictions statistics.
- Speeding Tickets: What is a speeding ticket; speed limits in Ontario; speed limit enforcement; demerit point penalties and fines for the speeding ticket; the consequences of being convicted for speeding; how to fight the speeding ticket; interesting facts about speed limit
- Careless Driving: When driving is considered careless; careless driving enforcement; demerit point penalties and fines for careless driving; the consequences of being convicted for careless driving; how to fight the ticket for careless driving
- Stunt Driving: When driving is considered stunt; stunt driving enforcement; demerit point penalties and fines for stunt driving; the consequences of being convicted for stunt driving; how to fight the ticket for stunt driving
- Driving Without or With False Insurance: penalties for driving without or with false insurance; the consequences of having convictions in your driver’s record and being labeled as a “High Risk Driver”
- Other Traffic Tickets: Failing to stop at a red light (disobeying a red light); failing to stop at a stop sign (disobeying stop sign); disobeying a traffic control person’s stop and slow sign; failing to remain at the scene; following too closely; driving under suspension; driving without licence; demerit point penalties and fines
- Demerit Points System: Overview of Ontario Demerit Points System; demerit points and new licensed drivers; demerit points and fully licensed drivers
- CVOR Points System: Overview of the Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) System
- Fighting a Traffic Ticket: Detail description of fighting a traffic ticket process
- Re-opening: How to make a request for reopening
- Appeals: How, when and where to file an appeal
- Driver’s Record: what you should know about driver’s records
- “Traffic Tickets Court” Locations: There is a list of 55 Provincial Offence Court offices throughout Ontario, which deal with Highway Traffic Act matters and the Provincial Offences Act.
SMALL CLAIMS COURTS (up to $25,000)
- Small Claims Court Overview: General information about Small Claims Courts in Ontario; the range of matters that Small Claims Court can hear; Small Claims Court fees and proceedings; detail description of steps in a Small Claims Court proceeding; what to do after the Small Claims Court judgment
- Breach of Contract: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Breach Of Contract in Small Claims Court
- Construction / Renovation: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Construction / Renovation in Small Claims Court
- Damage to Property: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Damage to Property in Small Claims Court
- Negligence: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Negligence in Small Claims Court
- Professional Malpractice: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Professional Malpractice in Small Claims Court
- Promissory Note: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Promissory Note in Small Claims Court
- Sales of Goods: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Sales of Goods in Small Claims Court
- Services Rendered: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Services Rendered in Small Claims Court
- Unpaid Account / Invoice / N.S.F. Cheque: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Unpaid Account / Invoice / N.S.F. Cheque in Small Claims Court
- Wrongful Dismissal: Situations for and proceedings of filing a claim for Wrongful Dismissal in Small Claims Court
- Enforcement of Judgment: Options you have to enforce the Small Claims Court judgment
- Appeal: How, when and where to file an appeal
LANDLORD AND TENANT
- Landlord Rights: Detail description of the landlord’s rights
- Landlord Duties: Detail description of the landlord’s duties
- Vital Services: What are the vital services and landlord’s duties regarding for providing with them
- Maintenance Standards: Ontario maintenance standards and landlord’s and tenant’s responsibilities and rights according to the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006.
- Tenant Rights: Detail description of the tenant’s rights
- Tenant Duties: Detail description of the tenant’s duties
- Rental Rules: Detail description of the rental rules – what landlord and tenant should and should not do
- Landlord and Tenant Board: The Landlord and Tenant Board resolves disputes between tenants and small landlords under the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Termination of Tenancy: Description of rules for how a landlord or tenant can end a residential tenancy
- Eviction of Tenant: Situations where a landlord can evict a tenant and all legal proceedings
- Enforcement of Orders: The proceedings of how the orders issued by the Landlord and Tenant Board can be enforced
Paralegals licensed by the Law Society may represent a client before the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) and may provide legal services to clients for matters relating to an IRB hearing. However, other immigration-related legal services not connected to an IRB hearing are outside of the paralegal scope of practice.
OTHER LEGAL ISSUES
- Accident Benefits Claims
- Affidavits and Oaths
- Auto Insurance Claims
- Professions Complaints
- Labour Relations
- Pensions and Withdrawals
- Provincial Offences (other than traffic tickets)
- Summary Offences
- Workers Compensation
CP Paralegal Services provides with paralegal services in Toronto, Aurora, Barrie, Brampton, Burlington, Caledon, Collingwood, Maple, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, Oakville, Orillia, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, St. Catharines, Thornhill, and Vaughan.